1. Whining is just unbecoming.
2. The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.
3. You only are free when you realize you belong no place – you belong every place – no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great.
4. When I forgive other people, I let them go, I free them from my ignorance. And as soon as I do, I feel lighter, brighter and better.
5. We need to not be in denial about what we’ve done, what we’ve come through. It will help us if we all do that.
6. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
7. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
8. Nothing succeeds like success. Get a little success, and then just get a little more.
9. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
10. If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.
11. You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
12. We are only as blind as we want to be.
13. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn.
14. I got my own back.
15. You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.
16. The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.
17. I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.
18. When you learn, teach, when you get, give.
19. Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.
20. If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
21. You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there.
22. Everything influences each of us, and because of that, I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.
23. Nothing will work unless you do.
24. A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.
25. All great achievements require time.
26. I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.
27. I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me.
28. I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
29. I believe that every person is born with talent.
30. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
31. Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
32. I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody. And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too.
33. I try to see every day as a celebration.